Saturday, August 7, 2021

Where do I get my book recommendations?

Here are some of my favorite places to get book recommendations:

-Natalie's book newsletters that come once of month. She is Janssen's sister in law and I think I jive with her more than Janssen's recommendation. She is a library science major (I believe) and recommends picture books, chapter books, middle grade, and young adult. I have loved her picture book recommendations like Someone Builds a Dream. I also found Dragon Hoops through her. Her young adult nonficiton is usually spot on with what I like too. You can sign up here. And here is her archive of newsletters. 

-Goodreads. Honestly, this is where I get the bulk of my recommendations. I've curated my Goodreads so that I'm following voracious readers who read a variety. You can see the list on my profile here. If you aren't following Melody Warnick, you need to. She has an ability to come up with one sentence reviews so perfectly.  

-Read Aloud Revival is one of my go-to for picture books. I love their monthly picture books. Modern Mrs. Darcy has been in the past my favorite for adult reads but I've kind of drifted from listening to her podcasts. But I do occasionally look through her book lists and have found some good ones there. And I always look forward to her summer reading guide. 

Another place that I've gotten book recommendations is the Currently Reading podcast. They talk about a TON of books and even though I haven't listened to it in a while, I always like to see their list and the books are time stamped for easy access to hear about it.  

-And obviously, word of mouth! 


Where do you get your book recommendations?

1 comment: