Saturday, May 30, 2020

Highlights from my 20's!

Tomorrow I turn the big 3-0! I'm sort of in denial. But I hear the 30's are the best years ever so I'm riding on that truth. 
But a birthday is a great time for reflection so I want to see where life has taken me in my 20's. Thanks to Facebook and mine and Emily's old blog that brought back some pictures and memories to life. I don't really have a rhyme or reason for the highlights or the pictures I chose. Some of them just bring me back. :)

2010: 
Job for the winter at Water Tech
Volunteered at Adopt-a-Grandparent
Choir director for my ward
Lewis family reunion in Utah
Grandpa Smith's funeral
Attended Jane Austen Yule Ball



2011:
Job at Jacob Lake Inn near Grand Canyon
Completed the lazy man ironman challenge
Helped the Vances move cross country
Crismon and Danielle's wedding
Job working as secretary for the religion department

2012: One of my favorite years ever
Area Director for Service Activities
Volunteered as Student Ambassador
Emily travels to Rexburg for her yearly weekend visit
Met, dated, MARRIED Austin! 
Johnson and Lewis reunions in Utah and Idaho
Summer Jam counselor in Chicago (and Seth was there for a day so I got to see him)
Graduated from BYU-Idaho in psychology, minor in marriage and family studies
Received my endowments
Some of my best friends made through my college years: Kristen Hartman, Gloria Bradshaw (my religion job boss, love her), Alexa Pace, Rebekah Ort, Crystal Perry, Jeana Larson

Worked as a volunteer coordinator for a hospice company
"Ran" into Emily on her mission while she was temporarily in Idaho Falls
Anniversary trip to the beach
Austin works as volunteer coordinator for the Temple
I join Austin working as ordinance workers in the Rexburg Temple

2014: 
Worked through a health problem for a year and finally found relief changing some things in my diet
Lewis extended reunion in Ajo, Arizona (over 300 people there! Last time I saw Grandma Lewis)
Immediate Lewis reunion in Oregon
Started getting into painting

And then I got lazy posting pictures here but I just wanted to get this down now. It's also because I did a lot better recording on my blog that I have my memories there. 

2015: 
Grandma Lewis' funeral
Austin moves to Pocatello while I finish managing
Austin graduates from BYU-Idaho in Mechanical Engineering
I join Austin in Pocatello for the summer
I help move Mere's family to Hawaii 
Austin is accepted for masters program at University of Idaho
Move to Moscow, Idaho
Weddings attended for Emily and Cami
Some of my best friends during these years: Sam Merrell, Michelle Toolson, Rachelle Hansen

2016:
Work for Carol Clark, Janelle's grandma
Visit Dallin and Janelle lots because they live in Spokane (1.5 hours away)
Joined women in the stake for basketball 2x a week
Nauvoo reunion for the Johnsons
Lewis reunion at Bear Lake
Austin and I got to be youth conference counselors for two days
Started getting tested for infertility

2017:
Started taking thyroid medication
Took piano lessons again
Austin graduated with his masters in Mechanical Engineering from University of Idaho
We moved to a new apartment
Joined Jody Moore's coaching program
Worked at the farmer's market during the summer
I GOT PREGNANT!
Austin found out he got the job at Puget Sound Energy
Read 100 books in a year for the first time
Helped watched Mere's kids and then we get a little 5th year anniversary trip out of it
Melanie Hawkins and Wendy Johns were some of my best friends in Moscow

2018:
Moved to Seattle area
Joined a book club
Got called into Young Women's
I HAD A BABY! Dallin joined our family
We flew six weeks later for reunions on both sides


2019: 
Still finding my footing as a mom but loving watching Dallin grow
Lewis sisters retreat
Learned to make artisan bread
Family vacation to Deception Pass, Whidbey Island, and downtown Seattle
We make as many trips as we can to see family





2020: 
Valentine's Day weekend in Portland
Get pregnant fast but found out I miscarried at 6 weeks while I was in Oregon
I joined Brooke Snow's Mastering the Art of Showing Up Program
COVID-19 hit and we've been hunkering it out here
Austin works from home
I try to keep sane by reading as many books on kindle as I can and getting to the trails with Dallin



Can't wait to see what the rest of 2020 year brings!

2 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read your highlights of the last decade. Good for you for making this review! You are beautiful in every way, and this coming decade will be filled with many wonderful events. You're amazing! Happy Birthday Julia Joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool way to remember/review/honor the past decade of your life. It was a BIG one. I loved reading through it b/c I remember a lot of these things happening for you. Time flies on wings of lightning!! Love you and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete