Thursday, September 19, 2019

Labor Day in Utah

Ever since Austin has been in ultimate frisbee leagues this past year, he has been looking more forward to Labor Day ultimate frisbee tournament with his brother Nathan and bro-in-law, Nic. Austin first bought airplane tickets according to when it would be good to drop him off and pick him up, I found out he would be gone for 4 days and I just couldn't do it. I did not want to be by myself for that long! Especially since Mom and Dad would be in Wisconsin with Emily so I couldn't have an easy get-a-way to Oregon. So we ended up buying tickets on the same flight and going all in.


We're so glad we did! I'm glad I didn't make my decision on fear of how Dallin was going to do on the flight. He's obviously become a lot more mobile and knowing that the length of the plane ride was about as long as church, and we're in the hall most of the time, I thought 'well this should be interesting.' But it went so much better than expected. We got to the airport early enough where he ate lunch and walked and walked. I think it tuckered him out enough so he stayed in his seat. Also, lots of snacks and stickers helped too!

We got there late afternoon Saturday, ate dinner, watched BYU women's volleyball and then watched Goodbye, Christopher Robin. Such an emotional movie but I liked it because it made me think about a lot of things.

Sunday after church we got to hang with the Johns! Loved seeing Dallin play with cousins and laugh to his heart's content. We enjoyed a lovely walk that evening with Bree and Mom and Dad Doutre.



Monday we spent all day in Provo where the ultimate frisbee tournament was held. From the PNW, it was hot! We are not used to this dry heat. But it was lots of fun to be with fam and watch the boys play. Headed to the creamery for ice cream afterwards, per tradition.







That evening, Austin and I went to see Cinderella at Hale Theatre. Wow, amazing! It was pure enjoyment from start to finish. And so much more funny than I remembered. Musical productions at this level is money I find worth paying for. Luckily it was a Christmas gift from Austin's parents. And they were generous to watch Dallin too. A win for Grandma I'm sure. :)


Tuesday, we headed to Thanksgiving Point with Dani's fam and Alice-Anne and Claire. I've never seen the statues of Christ they have on display there but it was breathtaking. I was in awe just walking through.














We were sad to leave on such a short trip but we packed it in and created lots of wonderful memories with the people we love. Can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun, extended weekend for you. You definitely packed a lot into it. So glad Dallin was good on the plane, and of course, he was hit everywhere he went!

    ReplyDelete