Monday, January 2, 2023

Favorite Discoveries of 2022

 To find out my favorite discoveries of 2021 go here.

As always, these are fun to write about just to see what landed for me in terms of books, movies, shows, podcasts, other things I've loved and benefited from. 

Music: A few JJ Heller songs, of course: "Neighbor", "Live the Dream", "Songbird", "Wild and Precious Life", "Growing Older". I jammed out to Imagine Dragons "Wrecked" and "Sharks". Cody Fry's "Underground" is insane. A commenter sums it up: Cody Fry makes getting hit by a train magical. 

Books: 



Fiction
All the Lonely People by Mike Gayle
Swim Team by Johnnie Christmas 
Wrong Place Wrong Time by Gillian McCallister 

Nonfiction
The Light We Give by Simran Jeet Singh
The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Greene
The Turnaway Study by Diana Greene Foster
Stolen Focus by Johann Hari
A Walk in My Shoes by Ben Schilaty
I Never Thought of It That Way by Monica Guzmán
Better Than Happy by Jody Moore
Sitting Pretty by Rebekah Taussig

Movies/TV shows: Our big show watching for this year was the entire series of "This Is Us." We started near the end of last year and blew through the 100+ episodes in less than 6 months. We looked forward to watching one almost every night. Since I was one of the last of my sisters to watch, I got to text them my real time reactions which was fun. One of the best shows I've seen. I definitely cried many times, especially at the end of it all. 

Loved Masterpiece Theater's All Creatures Great and Small, Around the World in 80 days, Atlantic Crossing, Miss Scarlet and the Duke, and enjoyed Magpie Murders this fall.

 Probably our favorite movie this year was Top Gun Maverick. There was so much hype around it but it lived to the hype!

Other discoveries: Worldle was the big deal back in the beginning but we lost steam a few months in. But fun for a little bit. I've loved the Day One app. I've noticed that my blog has been pretty non existent since I've had this. I just love how seamless it is to have my pictures and journal entries together. Once they have the safari version then I will post my previous blog posts to it so I can print them. 

During my entire pregnancy I basically was exercising every day thanks to Pregnancy and Postpartum TV YouTube page. 

I got the Faithful Plateful's cookbook this fall and my goal is to make everything from it. I just love her recipes and all the ones I've tried so far have been real good! 

I've not been much of a soccer watcher besides BYU women's but we got into the World Cup after watching it over Thanksgiving and I was hooked. It helped to pass the week when the kiddos was sick. 

Excited to see what 2023 brings!



No comments:

Post a Comment