Thursday, July 19, 2018

One Month



D man is one month old today! I can't believe it. It's gone fast and slow. The days have kind of all meshed together. We were so lucky to have help from Grandma Lewis and Grandma Doutre and Austin has been amazing as well. This week was my first time soloing it and let's just say that I didn't leave the house with him except to go get the mail or go on a quick walk. So yep, definitely figuring out the newborn stage. 





The first week of recovery was HARD. It's frustrating how you want to enjoy this newborn stage but you're also trying to get as much sleep as possible and get your body adjusted post baby. It's gone better since but I've had some pain come back this last week. And I've yet to exercise at all except walks. But I'm not really in a hurry either. Luckily it's the summer because I'm wearing skirts everyday because it's hot and because I don't have pants that fit except maternity ones. :) And we're making some headway on nursing without the nipple shield which has been amazing. I was fortunate to deliver at Evergreen and they have a breastfeeding center and so we had a 3 day postpartum appointment and from there they've been in contact with me every few weeks on how breastfeeding going. I saw a lactation consultant the 2nd week and that was comforting to hear encouragement from them about how well he's eating and that it's okay that he's on the nipple shield and he'll eventually get off of it. I was really stressed about it for a while but since he's getting a little older he opens up a lot more at the breast. Anyway, this is just for me to remember by. 

I love his facial expressions
His first major blowout
The horror of knowing you kind of look like your Mom.
Here's things I want to remember about Dallin:

-He loves light. He's attracted to the light outside and it's nice that his changing table is right next to the window because it distracts him a little bit because he does not like being changed.
-His facial expressions are the best. He goes from a smile (which he just started doing occasionally) to a scowl to a confused face all in 5 seconds.
-He loves being outside. Austin takes him on a nightly walk especially when he can't go to sleep and he's crying all the time. 
-Maybe these are all normal things for newborns but he loves when we sing or hum to him. I'm amazed that it can really calm him down. It also makes me realize that I need to up my repetoire on primary songs. I sing about the same ones every night. It might get old after a while.
-He is one strong kid. From the moment he was placed on my chest after he was born he could lift his head up. And he just gets a little stronger all the time. Tiffany was here last week and that's what she commented about as well. He can practically stand up when we hold him so he feels like a stiff board. This is usually when he is letting out some major gas. Even though he's strong, he really doesn't like tummy time and screams within a few minutes. Mom called it "torture time" when she was here haha. 

His first visitors
Oldest and youngest Lewis grandchild!
Paxton and Dallin
Isaac and Dallin
Ondalynn and Dallin


We sure love this guy!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post so much. Maybe it’s because I love that cute little Dallin so much. Lots of good things going on there, along with the challenges. Did I mention that he’s so cute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you're writing these things down! Laughed at the blow out picture! That was epic! And barnyard dance is a winner of a book! Way to go mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS glad nursing is getting better!

    ReplyDelete