Thursday, August 25, 2016

The reason I smiled all day 4 years ago

This day almost passed before I realized that we were engaged 4 years ago today! Can we still celebrate that or is it once you're married you forget these little things? Either way, I just think it's fun to see where we've come since then. 

Yes I smiled all day. My cheeks were numbed by the end of it. I was so so so happy (and still am!) I wrote about the proposal soon after we got engaged before I headed back to my last semester of college. You can read it here: http://austinandjulia.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-proposal.html


I had to take a picture of the little note that I slipped into one of my letters that I wrote to him while we're dating. It's crazy to think that on that day and at the top of Multnomah Falls we were really engaged. It's like something that happens in a ridiculously romantic movie, but it's real life!

Austin has been so good to help me out this last weekend when I sprained my ankle. I cried for him to come home early because I couldn't move. He just took over the household and did the dishes, cleaned the apartment, and made me food. But I'm thinking to myself: wait, he does this all the time! I'm really grateful to have him in my life. You da best, man.
August 2016
August 25, 2012

3 comments:

  1. I remember that wonderful day. Happy memories. So glad you guys found each other. You're the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, I'm embarassed I got alittle teary eyed reading that. Super cute. Yay for husbands.

    ReplyDelete