Sunday, February 7, 2016

3rd Wedding Anniversary/Winter Break

It was kind of nice to come back to Moscow and not have school (Austin still had work) but then enjoy evenings without the pressure of homework before he started back up again mid-January. We celebrated out 3rd anniversary by eating at a Mexican restaurant that had the most delicious veggie burritos ever. We played games, did puzzles, and had what I think should be a tradition of watching all 3 Lord of the Rings movies. :) We also went on walks and Austin joined in with the neighborhood kids down the big hill across our lot. He took our old laundry basket and turned it into a sled. He called it his white stallion! It only lasted him about 2 runs before it was completely gone. Thank goodness it was cheap and already falling apart anyway. Kid at heart!

It was also fun to spend the weekend with Dallin and Janelle's family while Mom and Dad came to visit during the weekend of their anniversary. We saw Dallin's office (a house converted into several offices), went on campus and saw some pretty buildings, ate yummy food, and the girls did charades which were clever and hilarious!












Austin has been working on this night stand which he completed over the break. Isn't that awesome?!






I think it's safe to say that they're the cutest Spokane family around!

Mom and I. Did you know that Bing Crosby went to Gonzaga? I think the library is named after him. 


I love that just as we were about to leave, Dad writes "Go BYU" on this sign. This was after BYU just beat Gonzaga at their home court which Dallin and Dad got to go and see.

Still making new things (almost) every day.

The co-op might be our new favorite place to go eat. Love all these vegan options.

Instagram did the "best 9" but I thought to do my own too. From top right: Christmas sportin my Cougar apron and shirt, Austin and I read a lot of books together over the summer in Pocatello. I'm reading to him while he does the dishes (best idea ever!), us at the Rexburg Temple for the last time. We also ended service as ordinance workers at the end of March 2015 after 4 combined years together there, Emily and Bronson's wedding (one of my favorites of Emily), Austin and me on Christmas Eve, Cami and Sean's wedding, moving to Moscow and Austin officially becoming a vandal, my trip to Hawaii with Mere's family, and Austin graduating from BYU-Idaho and myself just as tired as can be almost done managing. It's been a great year!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't get over how cool Austin looks in his snowsuit! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. But it makes me hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. But it makes me hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete