Sunday, May 5, 2019

Life Lately

Dallin is getting his 6th tooth(!) I didn't know kids got teeth that fast but once we're done with one teething phase we're on to another. 

He sure is my son because he loves peanut butter and loves spice. This kid's most recent love is this amazing African Peanut Soup (kale and all! Who knows how long that will last!) from Love Real Food cookbook (love that cookbook so much). 

He just learned to scoot forward dragging one arm in a sort of army crawl way. 

He still loves fuzzy blankets and continually wears them over his face while he sleeps. 

Austin has started playing in an ultimate frisbee league in Seattle. Absolutely loves it. 

I still go on mini hikes and walks throughout our area almost daily. The weather has been warming up so I can do that more. 

Austin is so good to let me have 'me time' once a week for an hour or two. I usually go on a hike and then journal or study the scriptures. This last Thursday evening I went on a new trail and I almost cried, it was so beautiful. I pinch myself thinking that I actually live here and I'm not just visiting. 

I've sort of binge making recipes from Faithful Plateful. Loved all the ones I've made so far! Carrot cake turned into muffins, madras lentils, chipotle bowls, hawaiian haystacks (not Austin's fav but I loved it), oil free granola (needs less salt next time), black bean salsa, mango quinoa salad, and no bake cookies. 

Finally started watching relative race from Emily's recommendation. I mean it only took us 5 seasons of convincing to finally get hooked. 

We also have been keeping up with 'Show offs' on byutv and Jk studios 'free lancer' episodes. Those both have been surprisingly hilarious. 

I've read some great books lately: The Faithful Spy by John Hendrix was the first graphic novel I did and it set the bar very high!
This Promise of Change by Jo Ann Allen Boyce is an excellent verse novel about her experience integrating into Clinton High in the 1950's. 
Radical Homemakers by Shannon Hayes-I'm still thinking about this one and it's turned my idea of homemaker upside down. Highly recommend!
A Light so Lovely by Sarah Arthur is about the spiritual legacy of Madeline L'Engle and it's very contemplated and moving.

I've been loving watching again and again 'The Sound of Music Live' British version that came out in 2015. Much much better than the Carrie Underwood version. It gives me chills at the end every time and I just want to clap when it's over! Plus the captain singing 'Edelweiss' is swoon worthy. ;)

In March I got two of my wisdom teeth taken out. Easiest recovery ever. I was so nervous but it turned out so much better than I expected. 

We continually love being here, especially grateful again and again for Austin's commute. It's been a life saver for us. He got commuter of the week for his company in March. 

Been to the temple several times in the last little bit thanks to a good friend who watches Dallin. Has been so wonderful!

We loved being in Oregon for General Conference with Mom and Dad Lewis, Ondalynn, Seth, and Viv's family. It was so fun and it went by too quickly of course! So glad to be there for Mom's birthday as well. 

Now for a ton of pictures from the last little while. Recent to later. 





























 Dallin's sharp nails got in my nose and gave me a bloody nose haha
 Picture for his commuter of the week award
 Wisdom teeth post surgery-yikes


The battle is having to take away all the library books from his teeth. 


2 comments:

  1. These pictures are so darling! I'm going to need to check out those cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun life you have. I'm so grateful you came to Gresham for my birthday and Conference. It was wonderful to have you here. I love your pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete