Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Fall Adventures 2018

I'm a wee bit behind on blogging but here's a quick recap



Book club! I hosted my first book club on the second Friday in October. We read The Snow Child and I was excited for the discussion (and the food of course). Unfortunately it was a bad weekend for most people so only 3 could make it but we ate apple pie, had a fire going, and just had fun chatting. And everyone loved the book even when one of the girls admitted that she was not excited about it at first.


 We went to Spooner's Farm in Puyallup with Marjorie's family. Austin grew up going here and it's expanded a lot since then. We had fun figuring out a corn maze and chatting it up. Her Packer boy is so cute. So fun to hang out together.







Seth came to University of Washington for a conference and let me know that he was in the area. On Friday, he was presenting so Dallin and I took the bus and met him at the museum of natural history on campus where he was presenting. It was a beautiful fall day and made me a little envious of all these students who get to walk these around here every day. Seth did a great job even though I was a little loss of all the media journalism lingo but he was so nice to take some afterwards and chat.






That night we had our ward Halloween party and it was packed, just like we heard it would be. We dressed up as the black-eyed P's again and Dallin was a pumpkin.







I've been soaking up the fall weather before it gets too cold and you can find me almost every week at St. Edward's or on the trail. One Saturday we did my favorite quarter of a mile loop and they had a picture book on the various stops along the way.





Austin got new glasses and started growing a beard. He's a whole new man. ;)





Dallin has been trying out different types of food-some with pleasure but most with disgust haha.



A Relief Society activity on hand lettering. It's been a couple of years since I've learned and I'm out of practice but it was so fun. And they gave us our own brush pen!


And for some random photos










No comments:

Post a Comment