Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Dallin's Baby Blessing


We just got back from a two week trip in Utah and Idaho with the Lewises and Doutres and their reunions. One of the highlights of the trip was having Dallin's baby blessing the first night of the Lewis reunion in Paradise, Utah. It was perfect because all the Doutre's except Bree who is on her mission got to attend since everyone was fairly close. It's so fun when our families get together because we've known each other for a long time since Mere and Dani were roommates back in 2007. 

The Johns were nice to do dinner and then we did pictures and then we gathered in the lodge for the blessing. Just for history sake, Grandpa Lewis presided, we sang 'I Am a Child of God', Emily conducted, Nic Davis gave the opening prayer. Then both Grandma Lewis and Grandma Doutre shared a few thoughts. Mom shared about her experience when she was in the delivery room with me. I really want her to write it down so I have it for future reference. I love whenever she tells me her experience. Grandma Doutre talked about the miracle of Dallin and how he didn't want the song to end because he could feel the Spirit of that song. 


Then Austin gave such a beautiful blessing. The brothers and grandpas on both sides were in the circle. Dallin was blessed with compassion for others, making decisions that would lead to the temple, and joy and light and sharing the gospel. I'm so glad others wrote down the words so that we always have it to remember him by. 

Then I got up and spoke a few words. I got a little choked up which was surprising even for me. I don't usually do that even in testimony meetings but I was looking out and thinking of all these people who have been praying for us for years and I just had to verbally thank them. We really have the best families. 

Of course, had to get the 'other' Dallin in there. ;)

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. I love these precious pictures. I promise to write up my experience and get it to you.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete