Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Hawaii Part One

I wanted to do a quick recap of our Hawaii trip before I forget little details. Unfortunately I was really sick just before the day we were supposed to leave. The flu season was really bad this year and I got some of it all of a sudden. I felt bad not being able to hang out with Emily and Bronson who had just come and wouldn’t be seeing them till the reunion this summer. I did receive a blessing which was very much needed.

The next morning we headed out. The plane ride wasn’t too bad as we had this in-flight movies to watch so that helped pass the 6 hours. We left gloomy Oregon for beautiful sunshine in Honolulu. Mere and Bryan were planning to leave that evening and so I rested for several hours before they left. 

The first morning of just Austin, me, and the kiddos, we decided to follow Mere’s plan where she does a morning activity outside the house, lunch, quiet time, and then outside at the park before dinner. I was so grateful for this routine as it kept us and the kids sane and always doing something. While we were there we did the skate park twice, beach, and playing with friends. 

Since we were over there during New Year’s Eve and New Years, some of their neighborhood friends got together at the park for the 7PM celebration so we could celebrate the new year with New York’s time. We went to Kailua beach for New Years and it was so crowded that I lost a child at least once during the whole trip. I realized how exhausting it is to go to the beach. It’s quite an ordeal with 4 kids you have to keep in eye on. This whole experience made me grateful that babies generally come one at a time. :)

The kids were really awesome. We really did have a fun time together, at least we know we did. Not sure how they felt, ha. We played games like googly eyes and Monopoly, made yummy brownies and watched Brother Bear 2, they all took turns sleeping in their parents bed each night (sorry Mere), and did lots of trampoline and outside ripsticking and bicycle riding. It’s amazing how gorgeous the weather is all day, every day. 

Completely zonked after the beach.

She was always so willing to help in the kitchen. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment